Join our network
The aim is that the WHO-FIC Network (Africa region) will comprise mainly of educational institutions, professional organisations, Ministries of Health, Education and Statistics in the countries of the region, as well as other interested collaborators. The main activities of the members will be to:
- Participate in periodic on-site and virtual meetings
- Organize development-orientated activities in their institutions, regions or country, on behalf of the Network and within the framework of the work plan
- Contribute news on WHO-FIC for the Network’s website and newsletter
- Construct a space in which to disseminate and promote the Network’s educational resources
- Participate actively in the Network’s plans and projects.
Click here to receive regular updates about the activities of the WHO-FIC Collaborating Centre for the African region and to join a working group.
LEADERSHIP TEAM OF THE COLLABORATING CENTRE FOR THE AFRICAN REGION
- Prof Debbie Bradshaw, MSc DPhil (Unit Director, SAMRC Burden of Disease Research Unit and Co-Head of WHO-FIC Collaborating Centre)
- Dr Lyn Hanmer, MSc(Eng) PhD (Specialist Scientist, SAMRC Burden of Disease Research Unit and Co-Head of WHO-FIC Collaborating Centre)
- Dr Pamela Groenewald, MBChB MPH (Specialist Scientist, SAMRC Burden of Disease Research Unit)
- Dr Jané Joubert, MA PhD (Specialist Scientist, SAMRC Burden of Disease Research Unit)
- Ms Glenda de Beer, AAPC Certified Professional Coder (Private Healthcare Information Standards Committee)
- Dr Soraya Maart, MPH PhD (Head of Division: Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Cape Town)
- Ms Sithara Satiyadev, RN RM MPH Certified Professional Coder (Clinical Governance Initiative, University of the Witwatersrand)
- Dr Warrick Sive, MBChB MSc MBA (Clinical Governance Initiative, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand)
- Dr Stefanus Snyman, MB ChB MPhil (HealthScEd) DOM (Project Manager, WHO-FIC Collaborating Centre for the African Region)
- Mr Maluta Tshivhase, BOccTher DPH (Non-communicable Diseases Cluster, National Department of Health)
- Dr Maletela Tuoane-Nkhasi, PhD (Manager: Vital Statistics, Statistics South Africa)
- Ms Thulile Zondi, MPH (Cluster Manager: Health Informatics, Epidemiology and Research, National Department of Health).